 Events / 2384
Re: A Trip Worth Taking!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:10:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Brian Darrow wrote:
   My wife and I met Peter Barth, another IndyLUG member, at Dan Brown’s Toy and Brick Museum in Bellaire, Ohio on Friday April 11 to see what it was all about. Like this post’s title says, it was well worth the trip. I was so impressed that I wanted to tell others about the museum. There is a lot of everything LEGO at this old neighborhood school building located right smack dab in the middle of Bellaire. It’s only 10 minutes from I-70 southwest of Wheeling, West Virginia.

Dan has accumulated a bunch of MOC’s from well known AFOL’s and LEGO Master Builders. You’ll also get to see many one-of-a-kind models, vintage store display’s, antique wooden LEGO toys, Roadshow cast-offs and AFOL layouts.

Take a look at these pictures, but they are only a fraction of what’s there:

Be sure to call or email ahead to let him know you are an AFOL and he’ll meet you at the museum for a one on one behind the scenes tour. One of the best parts is when he takes you behind the closed doors in a couple of the classrooms where he has oodles of loose brick piled waist high. (You will drool all over yourself, guaranteed.) He’ll also give you insight as to how he’s acquired his collection and what he has in store for the museum’s future events.

If you like LEGO, you’ll love the Toy and Brick Museum.

Brian Darrow

Thanks, and we are getting bigger and better. I forgot to show you the room downstairs, it will be AWSOME!!!

We will be building a sea serpent for the room, and it will allow the kids/adults to bring in their bathing suits, and get soaked.

We are looking into a water cannon, and we bought some very cool water shooters for the actual WET room, will be open in 2009!!!

Something to look forward to.

Thanks for the kind words, built the place for the AFOL community!!!

You will love it!

Dan