 Local / United States / Ohio / 628
Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:19:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
I ran across this listing on eBay:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1186&item=5951844123&rd=1
Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED >

{
We are going to open a LEGO museum. We need TONS of blocks, displays, and any
other lego "stuff" we can come up with. Presenters gain a place in HISTORY.
We are selling space on a Plaque that will be put on the front of the
building, as well as smaller plaques that will be put in front of individual
display items. We are also purchasing LARGE amounts of special items for this
project. Those people will not be included in the plaques, but will be put in
a buying bio at the computer room (lego games a' running). We will have a web
sight in the NEAR future, and we already have purchased the building (old
school house, 36,000 sq.) so we have all the room in the world to do this. }

Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to hear more if so.

jt

I asked the seller a question through ebay and received the following answer.
Eric

---------

We are looking for anything Lego.  If you have a collection you wish
to donate send it to:

Dan Brown
c/o Old First Ward School
1731 Belmont St.
Bellaire, OH 43906

if you have any ideas for the museum let me know.  If you wish to be on the
mailing list/update list also let me know.  The MOC page for the museum is
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1721.

If you want to send money I will not stop you, but I am all set on that side
so far.  I am mostly looking for items/creations/unique items/displays/etc...
Anything Lego.  If you have a item you want to keep, but donate for show send me
the size (dimensions) so I can build a display case for it.  Then I will send
you a rental contract for the item, and a thing for what you want put on the
display case (plaque), then you will be added to the donations list for the
museum.

Dan