 Local / United States / Ohio / 626
Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:34:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Nick Kappatos wrote:
   Probably the fact that the owners/curators live in the area and found a building on the cheap there.

That was my guess too. If it were Lego doing the organizing, they’d probably aim for a larger “vacation area” spot (balanced with cheap real estate of course), but considering how this looks more privately run, it’s probably what they could find for cheap in a reasonable distance.

   I would imagine there’s a slightly smaller following for Lego than there is for football, baseball, or basketball (HoF in Springfield, MA, where hoops was invented, incidentally) - so those rules don’t apply.

I have to admit I’m curious as to what crowd they hope to attract-- I expect mostly kids and not AFOL’s. That is, I don’t expect they’re looking for antique Lego sets, hordes of master-class MOC’s, etc., but more for interactive-child-targeted displays.

36,000 square feet though? That’s pretty impressive. Does BLOC still have regular meetings (I notice the website and NG look mildly inactive)? That may be a great place for public displays! Or a good BLOC meeting space :)

DaveE