 Local / United States / Ohio / 621
Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:04:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   I ran across this listing on eBay:

Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED

We are going to open a LEGO museum. We need TONS of blocks, displays, and any other lego “stuff” we can come up with. Presenters gain a place in HISTORY. We are selling space on a Plaque that will be put on the front of the building, as well as smaller plaques that will be put in front of individual display items. We are also purchasing LARGE amounts of special items for this project. Those people will not be included in the plaques, but will be put in a buying bio at the computer room (lego games a’ running). We will have a web sight in the NEAR future, and we already have purchased the building (old school house, 36,000 sq.) so we have all the room in the world to do this.

Anyone know anything about this? I’d like to hear more if so.

jt

The bid is listed as being from Bellaire, Ohio which is way down south-east on the border with West Virginia, across the river from Wheeling. An interesting and very out-of-the-way place to put a museum.

I’d think that TLC would be interested in what these guys are trying to do. If only to protect their trademark.

Adrian