 Events / 115
Re: PNLTC Presents a Guinness World Record LEGO Train Track Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:14:31 GMT

I think that the web cam is pretty cool!  I wish I could be there to help
out, but alas, I am stuck at work.

I wonder what the record is for longest layout that somebody has at their
residence...  I know I won't qualify, as my layout isn't even put together.
Still, I would think that there has to be at least one AFOL with a large
basement/garage layout.

Mike Poindexter

Dwayne Towell <dwayne@teleport.NO.SPAM.com> wrote in message
You asked for pictures--you get pictures. The "train geeks"
have done it again--this time you'll be able to watch the show
"live" on the web. Point your browsers to
http://www.pnltc.org/webcam.htm and bookmark the site,
then check back whenever you get urge to know what's
happening.

Also, plans are being made to release a CD-ROM of the
event with tons of video, stills, and supporting materials.

Watch this space for more information.

Dwayne

PS: Thanks for the complement.

Once again, the PNTLC, the premier LEGO Train Club, does things bigger • and
better...

Way to go PNTLC!  Hope everthing goes smoothly this weekend, all us • "train
geeks" are looking forward to pictures - and video!

JohnG, GMLTC

In lugnet.announce, Dwayne Towell writes:
The Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club presents a Guinness world record
LEGO train track display at the Center House in Seattle Washington.

The show is open to the public on Friday and Saturday, August 18 and • 19,
from 10am to 8pm, and on Sunday from 10am to 2pm.

The official record attempts and a press meeting, will begin at noon on
Saturday.

Any LUG or LTC member willing to help with crowd control, setup, • operation,
etc. etc. is invited to attend and help out. The building will be open • from
9am to 9pm each day of the event and on Thursday the 17th. Please check • in
with a PNLTC member when you arrive.

Dwayne Towell
PNLTC Member