 Trains / 6943
Re: PNLTC Presents a Guinness World Record LEGO Train Track Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:02:50 GMT

In lugnet.events, Mike Poindexter writes:
I think that the web cam is pretty cool!  I wish I could be there to help
out, but alas, I am stuck at work.

I wonder what the record is for longest layout that somebody has at their
residence...  I know I won't qualify, as my layout isn't even put together.
Still, I would think that there has to be at least one AFOL with a large
basement/garage layout.

Lets put it this way, _nearly all_ my straight track is there, and it makes up
about 1/8th of the total track needed.

(I have 3 full straights, 4 electric cut ones (full), 2 half straights, 1 1/8th
striaght and 1 7/8th straight here left---pnltc has 504 straights)

I'm not sure, but I think that is the most that anyone has in a layout at home.
I also have 20 boxes of 4.5V track, about 15 are used for storage yards for
goods cars (completly full right now, with no 9V storage to keep the rest of
the trains on...)

Using my Track Designer layout, I had 983 pieces of track out before, in one of
the versions of my layout here.  I'd think I have more than 1K pieces
(lengths+points) with the track as it is now.

(sorry for splitting the thread)

James