 Events / 124
Re: PNLTC Presents a Guinness World Record LEGO Train Track Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:45:42 GMT

One small 'nit' to pick:  That's not a "suspension" bridge, it's actually
a "cable-stayed" bridge.  Similar idea, but different implementations.  A true
suspension bridge would have two (or four) main cables, with
vertical 'suspenders' between the main cables and the bridge deck.  (I had to
check with a friend of mine who designs bridges for a living...)

Yea, I'm a geek -- I know...  <grin>

It's certainly an impressive bridge - that has to be one of the longest, if
not THE longest, LEGO bridge I've ever seen!

JohnG, GMLTC - our longest bridge was about 2 feet!

In lugnet.events, Scott Smallbeck writes:
In lugnet.events, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Cool layout! How long is that SNAP bridge from pillar to pillar?

Ben

The ZNAP bridge is 22 feet long and is a true suspension bridge.  The end
pieces are weighted with 20 pounds of pennies each!  A big WOW to Wayne for
building this monster!

_ _
Scott Smallbeck
smallbeck@contactics.com