 Dear LEGO / 1398
Re: A Clarification on My earlier posting.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:13:14 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Alex Farlie writes:
[...]
The Information in this posting is (C) 2000 Alex Farlie
( Is this OK Todd?)

If you're asking whether or not it's OK to include a copyright notice in the
articles you post...yes, that's OK (assuming you've created an original work,
of course. :)  That is, it's not against the discussion group T&C to include
a copyright notice.  Further, the LUGNET Terms of Use[1] don't provide for a
transfer per se of your copyrights on the articles you post, they only
provide for an unrestricted _license_ to republish/etc. your articles.  You
still retain the original copyright, which allows you to republish copies as
you see fit, but does not allow you to restrict LUGNET's use of the articles
you post, once you've posted it.  For example, your articles could
theoretically be included on a CD-ROM archive, even if you later decided you
didn't want that, because you have already given consent (the consent is
irrevokable).  Or, for example, if you've uploaded DAT files, those DAT files
could theoretically be converted to GIF images and included on a CD-ROM,
because that falls under adapting your posts.  DAT files posted to
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets can (and in many cases will) even be sublicensed
to ldraw.org for use there.

Hope that answered the question...?

It may be used for academic & Non commerical purposes with appropriate
citation if used in a published work.
(This is common practice in academia, and it gives people additonal
sources?)
It may not be used for commerical purposes without prior approval
I can be reached at ba124@city.ac.uk or
through the Dept of Computing ,City University,London,UK.

(Again Is this Ok? If not then I'll remove it- and not post for a while.)

AFAIK, it's OK inasmuch as you're limiting how other readers can directly
use your information, subject to local applicable laws, which may or may
not apply.  In other words, it's not against the LUGNET Terms of Use to
include such statements, but such statements may or may not hold water.

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/