 Castle / 9064
Re: July surprise for castle fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 19:26:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jimmy Park writes:
I can't reveal much more info than this, but come this July Castle fans
should have something very, very exciting to look forward in the S@H
catalog.  Looks like one of our long requested wishes will soon be granted!

and then, at http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2601 Brad Justus wrote
this about the new "classic" set line:
In case you are wondering, these particular sets were selected because as
relatively recent (i.e. the last three years or so for the most part) sets,
the molds used for them are still available and other production requirements
could be met.

Ah, so all we really have to consider is what Castle sets (or elements) meet
this criteria -- the one about the molds being available. I am going to take
another stab at guessing about this by suggesting that the July Surprise is
a re-release of either Guarded Inn, Maiden's Cart, or of the maiden hat
element itself in multiple colors thanks to its inclusion in 6091/6098 King
Leo's Castle. A close look at:
http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/gi/givariant.html or:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6067/
will reveal that almost all of the elements, and therefore the molds, of
Guarded Inn are currently available (with the possible exception of the 2
high shutter). The only issue then are the printed elements, which I assume
is but a small matter.  And it's pretty much the same story for Maiden's
Cart which you can see at: http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6023/

Someone else probably already guessed the same thing, I just didn't feel
like rereading the thread...but the main thing is that whatever the July
Surprise is, it probably meets the stated criteria laid out by Brad Justus.

-- Hop-Frog (the crazed)