 Castle / 723
Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:40:41 GMT

Hi all,

Sorry for dragging this a little off topic...

Jason Fabisch wrote:

Well, the large Aquashark sub ("Shark's Crystal Cave") and the #2-sized • Aquasharks
set are both still in stock at a KB ToyWorks here in NJ.  The bad side? • They're
still full price.

I live in NJ, which KB ToyWorks.  I live near QB Mall and work in the Newark
area near the IKEA.  I saw the Cave set at a Ames, but it was full price and
the box was mangled.  Sucks.  Then I saw Pip, Squeek and Wilfred had a few, so
I held out for their big 20% off sale.  They were all gone.  Sucks again.

The KB ToyWorks is in Piscataway/Edison, off Rt 287 at Stelton Road, go south a
little ways, look for the Kohl's they're building on the left, and it's in that
plaza.  I found three Android Bases there not too long ago, and made a couple of
people very happy.  :)

(!!!)  The Planetary Prowler I bought up at $10/ea from a local
Wal-Mart.

Wow, a 250 piece set for 10 bucks!  Damn.  Not at my Wallmart, best still seen
is 20 and the Celestial Stinger I picked up for 20 also(normally 50).I'm still
kicking myself for not picking up the Big Rig Model Team for 60 bucks when it
was on sale at Zany Brainy.

The Wal-Mart was just down Centennial Av from the KB ToyWorks--but they've changed
toy management, so the area is looking less like a bargain centre than it did
before.  Want to hear something worse?  I got four of the Prowlers and three
Celestial Stingers (6969) for $5 each--a bit consterning after having bought five
Prowlers for $10.50 each two weeks before--but I wasn't going to complain.

Hmm, you guys are making me rethink this $40 castle.  I loved the way the huge
Ninja castle looked.  Does it even compare?

That's a good parts repository too.

PS-anyone sees the Sharks Crystal Cave for relatively cheap, email me.  I've
seen some weird sets pop up now and then.  Just saw the Technic Space Shuttle,
some small MTron robot and a Unitron space ship all within the last month.
All in unopened boxes but the boxes were a little mangled(excluding the Space
Shuttle).

You were in the Menlo Park Mall to see the Unitron Star Hawk II at FAO?  :)  $42,
blah.  Where did you see the MTron set?  Zany Brainy just scored a bunch of
shuttles, like 30-some.

best,

LFB.

---