 Castle / 6634
Re: Wheels in medieval Japan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:22:03 GMT

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:27:43 GMT, "Bruce Schlickbernd"
<corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Mike Timm writes:

My view is muskets don't belong in castle :^) but other's views may
differ , and rightly so as they are not me!

Muskets, from the European standpoint, exit the Castle line, though I do
make "hand gonnes" with a "bathroom plunger" and 1x1 round, appropriate to
the 1400s.  But from the Japanese standpoint, the late 1500s and 1600s are
still considered (late) medieval.  Dump the firearms if you wanna mix the
Japanese stuff with Euro-Castles, but keep 'em if you wanna mix them with
Pirates.

Bruce

That's just what I do,  any of the gunpowder devices get removed and
then they fir in pretty good with the rest of the Castle stuff I have.
It just means that the Ninja based minifigs get more spears as they
lose that number of firearms, the halberds don't fit well with the
Ninja line to me, european Castle I love them for.
Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!