 Castle / 6632
Re: Wheels in medieval Japan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Zack Stackhouse writes:
Along this line of question, what other weapons were used in fuedal japan?
I always add armies to the castle series (european, but I have never
prepped an army for the ninjas. I have plenty of figures to make
an army, I just haven't done it because I don't know what other
weapons to give them.

Any suggestions? Anybody know of any GOOD movies that represent
fuedal japan well?

thanks, zack

The japanese comic series "Lone Wolf and Cub" is currently being fully
reprinted for the first time uncensored for western readers, and i can't
recommend it enough.

It first appeared in Japan about 30 years ago and an amazing lot of research
went into the story and the art. Each volume includes a glossary and history
section making it a great reference when it comes to lego.

A new 300 page volume is released each month, it is currently up to vol.2 in a
series of 28 and should be available if you ask any comic book store.

If anyone reading this is familiar with the story, do you have ANY ideas as to
how to make Daigoro's baby cart? I've been stuck on this for months (I'm not
even going to try and make the actual kid) the closest i've come is sticking
grey racing wheels (minus tread) on the bottom of a brown adventurers crate,
i'd like to have spears doubling as handles, but it doesn't seem possible.

-Ive
I REALLY hope at least one other ninja fan checks the series out.