 Castle / 6589
6588  |  6590
Subject:
Wheels in medieval Japan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:01:24 GMT

I was thinking about adding a village to my medieval Japanes countryside
today when a thought occurred to me.  Did they have any land vehicles at
all?  I can't seem to remember ever seeing a medieval Japanese cart or
chariot.  Everything is carried around, either by hand or on the backs of
horses.  Am I crazy, or were there no wheels in medieval Japan?

- Mike.