 Castle / 4440
Re: No more steel in jolly old England
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:22:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Jackson writes:
Jeff, mon ami, If Knights' Kingdom represents France, why oh why, are they
waving flags similar to the Scottish bars (although the X is gold instead of
white)? Eventually, they'll represent my kinfolk, the Irish. Oh, I could see • it
now, a little brown-skinned Irish minifig, putting in Princess Storm in her
place.... (Having trouble seeing black Irish folk? Think Ivar from Mystic
Knights.) They already have tried their hand at my other kinfolk, the Native
Americans (Cherokee to be precise...).

Well James, I am not sure if TLG was trying to represent a specific American
Indian tribe (I doubt it), but these minifigs don't look like they are wearing
traditional Cherokee styles of clothing.  For one thing, Cherokee men would
normally wear a sort of turban on their heads, not feathered headdresses.

Tony

Another Cherokee and Irish AFOL