 Castle / 4408
Re: No more steel in jolly old England
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:20:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:

When you consider the Pirates timeline in addition to Castle, I think most
everyone agrees that the redcoats are British and the bluecoats are
French. (The Armada is Spanish of course, but they're not important right
now.) Note the similarity in design between the redcoats and bluecoats -
and then the similarity in design between the RKs and the KKs.

I think the implications are clear.  The RKs eventually evolve into teh
redcoats, and the KKs into the bluecoats - making them England and France
respectively.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 8)  It has nothing at all to do
with the paucity of swords in current castle sets, though. Maybe LD will
offer them as one of the "rotating" elements, and we can all get together
and order a metric boatload of them.

The British naval officers wore blue coats.  The British Marines wore red.  Of
course, you can make 'em whatever you want - I use 'em all as British or French
and British as fancy takes me.

Bruce