 Pirates / 836
Re: No more steel in jolly old England
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:36:39 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jason Catena writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
The British naval officers wore blue coats.  The British Marines wore red.
Of course, you can make 'em whatever you want - I use 'em all as British or
French and British as fancy takes me.

*boggle*

Their marines wore *red*?

Wouldn't that make them excellent targets? ;)

Why do you think the Americans beat their [bottoms] off in 1776? It wasn't
just determination; these guys were obvious targets, and couldn't get around
rough terrain, while the locals knew all about camouflage and the good hiding
places... :-)

-Shiri