 Castle / 4477
4476  |  4478
Subject:
Western European Kingdom? (was Re: No more steel in jolly old England)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 18:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

"James J." wrote:

Jeff, mon ami, If Knights' Kingdom represents France, why oh why, are they
waving flags similar to the Scottish bars (although the X is gold instead of
white)? Eventually, they'll represent my kinfolk, the Irish. Oh, I could see • it
now, a little brown-skinned Irish minifig, putting in Princess Storm in her
place.... (Having trouble seeing black Irish folk? Think Ivar from Mystic
Knights.) They already have tried their hand at my other kinfolk, the Native
Americans.

The X symbol is venerable and could appear any number of places.  I'm in • agreement
that Knight's Kingdom most closely represents France ("The whole known world"
pretty much describes the mediaeval Frankish/French view, IMHO); just as Dark
Forest screamed "Nottingham," the Cowpack fellers strike me as barbarians of a
distinctly Continental and Germanic sort.

P.S.: On the sword deal, I miss them too, but I'd REALLY like to see a Ninja
katana in the bluish Aquazone chrome!

It's not quite that colour, but you *have* I hope seen the new "Robo • Riders"--one
of the units, the rainforest critter, has two trans-green or trans-blue • katanas.

best

LFB

Mademoiselle Braun,
     I'll keep that in mind, but keep in mind that the acutal Knights/Guards of
the kingdom wear Spanish hat-shaped helmets and possibly armor too.
The Bulls do have a Germanic or even nomadic look to them, but they are
slightly more juvenile than even the worst of previous Castle face-paintings.
     James J.
P.S.: I thought the ordinary Forestmen screamed "Nottingham", right down to
their river crossing. I wonder what the Wolfpack scream, other than "owoooo!"?