 Castle / 4209
Re: Drawbridges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 05:09:52 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

They appear on every single town-boat ever
made by TLC AFAIK... (OK maybe I'm exaggerating, but just a tad). I copied
Erin W's idea to use them as plates (ie for food!) in my inn.

I haven't gotten into the boat thing too much (although I did
just buy a River Expedition on clearance (what's up with that
solid palm tree?  Ick!)), so these are hard to come by for
me so far.

Although I've been noticing that whatever I trade for or buy
on a per part basis invariably comes available through regular
sets within the next month, sometimes to the point that I have
a surplus.  :)

I like the plate idea!

I was able to successfully use these to create a retractable
drawbridge, although it's really not wide enough.  I need
to locate 5 6x12 black plates and then things will work well.
I hooked it up to the motor from the ZNAP sets (is that name
some sort of pun for '3l33t war3z d00dz'?) and it works well
in one direction.  Have to manually pull it in for the other
direction, though...  :)

Wow, I didn't notice most of these. I barely went thru all the pieces in my
6441... after five minutes I got really disappointed... I should re-check that!

I think if I had paid full price I would have been disappointed,
but at clearance it seems a good deal.  There are also some
gray 2xn bricks, 2 "castle-able" minifig heads, lots of white
4x4 plates (which I needed), and some long white and blue
bricks (1x12, I think).  And there are *two* silver knives!

I'm drifting off-topic, so I'd better stop.

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.