 Castle / 4197
  Drawbridges

I've seen lots of different (and awesome) drawbridges on people's castles here, but I've never seen one like I'm about to attempt. I'm curious if anyone has done this, and if so, how they dealt with the issue of the drawbridge getting caught on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) A long time ago, I experimented w/ this style of bridge... I used tiles to start and manually retracted it w/ my finger...I later added a winch, but this led to some stress issues and imbalanced/jerky motion... Before trying to use old technic (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) I would personally use the round, 2x2 'disc tiles' or whatever they are called. Slightly curved bottom, 4 studs on top, so they can attach to the bottom of your drawbridge plate. They're often used on small boats to keep them from 'sticking' (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) Me? You lost me after the first paragraph... :-) How are you setting up this drawbridge? How is the 1x4 gear rack connected/related to the drawbridge plate? (...) I wouldn't think it would look goofy, but that's just my opinion. (...) Well, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) Excellent idea! I had seen those before, but didn't think I had any. Until... I got my package from kbkids.com today that had a Deep Reef Refuge (6441) inside. I haven't opened it up yet, but looking at the picture it looks like there's a half (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) That's OK. I lost me before I even started typing. :) (...) Yes, it will go down the left and rightmost sides of the plate acting as a drawbridge, and then a gear will turn to pull it in or out (that's the theory, anyhow :) (...) Hey, I hadn't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) Youch. You'll discover soon enough that those pieces are overbearing and everywhere, with not enough uses... They appear on every single town-boat ever made by TLC AFAIK... (OK maybe I'm exaggerating, but just a tad). I copied Erin W's idea to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) I haven't gotten into the boat thing too much (although I did just buy a River Expedition on clearance (what's up with that solid palm tree? Ick!)), so these are hard to come by for me so far. Although I've been noticing that whatever I trade (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

One possible means would be to use 1xN bricks instead of plates for your drawbridge plank. I.e., stack a whole bunch of black or brown 1x8s and lay them on their side to form a two-plate-thick smooth drawbridge. There are still several ways you (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)