 Castle / 3755
Re: Non-gray castles or "What I did with all the bulk bricks"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Well, after buying a few of the blue tubs for the green pieces I decided to
mess around with a red castle (far from over).  I was mostly down after
seeing the creations by Dave and Eric.  To me they made the castle wall
section obselete.  But did they ... ?

I was sort of bummed after I saw their stuff too. (It's like, if you live in a
cold place, and go visit florida, then going back to the snow is even
worse... :)
After seeing those cool things that used NO castle-wall pieces, I couldn't
bear using any myself...

So here a little result of what this will be (a small fortress that will be
joined to a mountain on one side:

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/castle/redwalls/

Cool! I'll have to borrow some designs, I definitely will need some red
creations soon <hint hint>...

The second point are the castle walls.  I think that when used spaced out
they can be pretty effective to conserve bricks.

Definitely! They look excellent, so long as they're not used on ground level,
AND sparingly on others.

I am not sure how well gray
with gray looks,

You mean grey with red, right?

but red and black looks a little weird at first.  After I
slept on it it didn't look half bad though.

Didn't look at all bad to me ;-)

I'm in for five more weeks of heck,

Good luck! I've just had my week of that... now third term is over, finally...

Let me know what you think ... Gray will always rule castles in European
style building (I think), but red (clay, vulcano, blue (water), white
(marble, ivory), yellow (sand ... ?) can still make some pretty nice castles.

Hmm... I'm not sure grey will always rule. There seems to be a (still small)
trend of moving a bit away from grey - just a little, but it's growing... I
think combos of grey/black with colors is a great way to go to give a building
some personality!

-Shiri