 Castle / 3001
Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:17:29 GMT

Jason Catena wrote:

In lugnet.castle, James Brown wrote a post with a lot of good stuff.

Thanks, James, for putting into words what has been a lurking feeling in my
mind as well.

This is, in some sort of way, what I tried to say long ago.

The more formal we make it, the more restrictions and rules we put on people,
the less people are going to want to bother with us. For example, in the latest
edition of the rules, you have one creation, so your story can only take place
on a 4096x4096 stud grid. Even though we have unlimited space. You also have no
right to expand your space from 4096 studs to 16192 without possibly running
into other people you'll have to ask to relocate. If you had a plan with a
continent all mapped out and everything, this restriction won't suit you at
all, and more than likely you'll just create your own web site separate from
Castle World.

Honestly, what I'm doing is just working on my storyline and sending it all
over the place, and if it works with Castle World that's great, and if it
doesn't, it'll just take place in my own universe.  I think that's the only
way I *can* do things, because I don't want to sit on my hands and wait for
any "official" CW stuff.  I really hope it does work inside CW, but I'm not
going to restrict myself based on nebulous rules that might or might not be
there.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m