 Castle / 2969
Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 03:03:59 GMT

Yo!

Well, if two people make a mutual story or storyline, and submit it to CW,
both get the credit, right? So, both people get that ballad in their
repertoire (or whatever we called the collection of ballads), right? (Wait,
those are rethorical questions. Don't answer yet :)
So my line of reasoning leads me to think that such a ballad would be counted
more than once toward the realm-gaining count, in fact, one time for each
person. Is that so?

Yep.  BUT ... I think the "Realm Getting" will not be based soley on
ballads.  I think it's going to be based on need as well as a committee of
individuals
which will decide which Realms go where and when.  I think this will be the
best solution, because while some people might be great storytellers,
others simply like to build.  No need to limit the ones that simply build.
A committee will bring balance to CW.

Now my offer. I have some fairly clear ideas about my first two 'chapters',
and then about a few later ones. However, between the first two and the
others, I want to develop my characters much more. What I mean is, I have very
developed characters in my head that I want to convey in a few chapters, but
without enough chapters to do it - the second batch of chapter(s) has to come
after my characters are mostly developed and known well to the public (of
minifigs as well as readers of CW :).

I'm still thinking about what you getting at;)

I need some chapters to come in the middle but have no ideas about what to do
in them. I would like to cooperate with someone in a mutual storyline (as long
or short as you wish). This could be good grounds for character personality
introductory and development for me as well as for the other balladeer's
characters (if they aren't already developed and introduced - which most
characters here aren't... other than perhaps Pawel's characters - even those
not enough...).

Anyhow, I digress. My point is, if you're interested in having a mutual
storyline, LMK. If you live in the Boston area, it would be even nicer 'cause
we can get together for real... but I'll be happy even if you don't (ideas
were already raised about how to manage far-away storylines, etc.)

I am doing some testing on this right now with Jason Catena, and as soon as
we know how it turned out (so far so good) I will publish a little article
on lugnet.castle about it.  Expect a lot of pictures and award-winning
commentary about it;)

Dave Eaton and I talked about the future of CW and maybe giving each person
a message board on their member page that could be used to keep
everyone updated on what's going on.  We'll do a lot more on that later on
though ...

There is a small update to CW today for those of you that got tired of
checking for them;)

-- pn