 Castle / 18719
Re: Colossal Castle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:00:16 GMT

At 09:25 PM 11/19/2003, you wrote:
The Classic Castle Team is proud to announce our first building contest: The
Colossal Castle Contest.
<snip>
Enjoy!

I am, and I'm ready!

This is also on the Contest page, but I thought I would post it here for
comments.

  A band of cutthroats attacks our swordsman Hero...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Castle/CCC-Contest/hero.jpg

Having downed one opponent, he stares another straight in the eye for a
split second before parrying a spear thrust and dealing the ruffian with
the dagger a smart thrust.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Castle/CCC-Contest/a_tense_moment.jpg

You can almost hear the tension snapping as the expert swordsmanship of the
Hero makes itself evident. Confidence and concentration radiate from the
Hero as he parries and feints to find an opening for a fast thrust.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Castle/CCC-Contest/sweeping_blow.jpg

Three opponents is overmuch a match or any man on the open ground, but our
Hero quickly backed into a corner at the first sign of a stiff duel. With
only two sides to defend he can give ample concentration to skewering the
first man to leave an opening.

This concludes the photographical entry of my "Hero Duel". One other photo
that was originally a mistake turned out rather dramatic - all due to a
reflection on the spearman's head.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Castle/CCC-Contest/in_the_moonlight.jpg

"Cutthroat attack at midnight under a full moon".

~Mike