 Announcements / 2297
  Colossal Castle Contest

The Classic Castle Team is proud to announce our first building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest. (URL) This contest is a bit different than other contests. We have a variety of categories each with one prize for the winner. Some categories (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Cool! I can't wait to start building! I have been really busy of late and haven't had much Lego time, but now I have some time again. I think this will be awesome. Way to go, guys! Still building, Josh (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Thanks Josh, We can't wait to get our first contest submissions. If anyone has questions about the contest, please feel free to post here or at classic-castle.com and we will answer them. Thanks. Ben E. CC Sets Admin (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Nice contest. I have questions: 1. Are "ninja" style buildings and creations allowable? 2. If I have built something and it has never been in any contest or on any website save one (in which few people have ever even seen or heard of) can I use it? (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Thank you. (...) We are focusing primarily on western castles. However, Ninja creations could be very appropriate for certain categories. All of the CCC compliant categories would work while "classic shop" might be harder to do. So I would try (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Ben, How about modifications to heads? Here I'm thinking of the work of Brendan Smith: (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Bruce, That is probably fine. But the majority of "grading" will be based on what you do with the brick, not the figs and heads. Ben (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Bruce, That is probably fine. But the majority of "grading" will be based on what you do with the brick, not the figs and heads. Ben (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Hi Benjamin, the rules say: "Submissions can not be entered into any other LEGO contest" Since the ISCC III is running I have to ask: Why? The Colossal Castle Contest was announced at 1000steine.de today, and I think a few Castle Builders from (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

I have I question: Say I create a really cool looking Castle creation but lacking a digital camera and not wanting to burn a roll of film for just 3 or 4 photographs I can't post photos, could I duplicate my creation in LDraw or some other computer (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi René, We wanted our contest to be separate from other contests. ISCC is different because of the storytelling aspect. However, since many people have voiced concerns, the CC admins will discuss this and get back to you. We both want people (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Orion, This is another thing admins need to discuss. I think you will be able to do this. Although it would be cool to make creations for multiple categories and take many photographs ;). We will get back to you on this. Ben E. (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) That's why entries have to be "new" online, that's very intelligible. I've made such a rule in the ISCC I - III too. (...) I think about if this would bother me (people submit elsewhere-known entries to the ISCC), but I think it wouldn't. As (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi, I just have to say something here... René, you are a good and decent person! You bring integrity and respect to both yourself and your site. I just find it so admirable how different groups with different contests are trying to work (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Hi Richard, thank you, please tell this to my wife, she's so smitten with remorse whenever I'm "working" on 1000steine.de, maybe you can help me to get a little bit more understanding from her ;-) Oh, and Ben: I just read on Classic-Castle.com again (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi René, A majority of the CC admins discussed the rules and decided to change them to allow people to enter both contests. The creations will still have to meet our category requirements. Even though our contest ends on 1/20, winners are not (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) I am, and I'm ready! This is also on the Contest page, but I thought I would post it here for comments. A band of cutthroats attacks our swordsman Hero... (URL) downed one opponent, he stares another straight in the eye for a split second (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)