 Castle / 18602
Re: Colossal Castle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:33:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dan Thompson wrote:
   Nice contest.

Thank you.

   I have questions:

1. Are “ninja” style buildings and creations allowable?

We are focusing primarily on western castles. However, Ninja creations could be very appropriate for certain categories. All of the CCC compliant categories would work while “classic shop” might be harder to do. So I would try a few ninja creations but mainly castle.

   2. If I have built something and it has never been in any contest or on any website save one (in which few people have ever even seen or heard of) can I use it?

Creations should be built after November 19th 2003. However, if noone has seen it, its not on brickshelf or mocpages, etc, it would probably be ok. Our hope is to increase the amount of new castle creations.

   3. If no, to the previous question, can I modify it and then use it?

Slight modifications of old creations will be frowned apon. So someone couldn’t take Castle Falconstein (which is too large anyway) and put a red roof on it. :)

   4. Can I use “modified/custom” pieces or galidor pieces and not receive any penalty in my scores?

No to modified pieces, yes to galidor and bionicle peices. These could be useful for creating a villainous monster. Custom weapons could be used, but they wont help you, and they should be kept to a minimum. They look cool but do not show creativity of the builder. For custom figs you can have torso stickers and shield stickers but that is all.

I hope this helps.

Ben E.