 Castle / 1806
Re: My Giant? Castle in progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
My main motivation to build a module-style castle was mobility. My last • castle
was stuck in a basement on half of a ping-pong table, virtually immobile. All
the modules for my new castle will easily fit through a doorway. I agree with
you Pawel, it sure would be great to combine castle layouts/displays as well • as
misc. inns, taverns, stables and terrain to build up a vast countryside. If
there is interest, it is possible that I could hose(I'm in Columbus, Ohio) • such
an event at my church some weekend this summer, likely in mid-late July.

-Mike

I hear you on that.  I'm from Tennessee, and would love to get a castleLUG
(joke;) meeting sometime during the summer.  Geez - that would rock.  I • figured
that I would buy big plastic containers and put my creations (the mobile • ones -
like the Gryphon's Nest) into a blanket.  Minifigures would be in a tub of • their
own, and when setting them up, I would use baseplates (with tape on the • bottom -
"Pawel's figs" or something like that).

I'm off to GA this weekend (DixieLUG), and that will be a test of moving my
creations by car.  But yeah ... let's keep the idea alive (if we plan early
enough, we might be actually able to pull this off).

-- pn

Let me tell you, make sure your creations *fit* into the plastic containers,
don't put them with one side in the air!
I once took my lego town house (er, mansion) by car. Actually, I asked my mom
to bring the mansion to me by car. Well, she isn't an expert on lego (now
that's the understatement of year :) and she tucked in the house in a box -
only prob, it was too big (built on 4 32x16 baseplates) and she put part of it
sort of in midair. The long and short of it is, it didn't survive much after
that... :-( Especially when we reached my Aunt's house with my amazingly cute
but unimaginabley terrorizing 3 year old cousin (three at the time that is)
and, well, the remains where plundered even more :-)

So be careful with your creations! We don't want anything to happen to them!

-Shiri