 Castle / 1717
Re: My Giant? Castle in progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:10:59 GMT

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:11:55 GMT, "Michael Ulring"
<ulringmc@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Geez ... the humbler has arrived;)  Michael Ulring is the master of large
castles and it looks like he has come to answer the call.

Pawel, I think you overstate things a bit.  I am proud of my creation, and
hopefully it turns out as well as it looks in my mind.  But there are a bunch
of people in this group who could probably put me to shame if given access to
the quantity of castle-related parts that I have accumulated over the years.
I've paid close attention to all pics that have been posted over the last few
months, including yours, and have taken many notes and ideas from everyone
elses creations.  Hopefully none of you mind if I borrow some of the ideas I
like best.
I really think Pawel's reaction sums it up, or my version of it is,
WOW.
/gapes/
That's big and what you have completed looks good.
/ungapes/ (finally).

Um, more? we want more, really we do!

I guess most of us can see what it takes now (i.e. - stacks and stacks of
1x5x7 walls.)

They do help, that is for sure. But I am not sure how I feel about a castle
wall with as many windows as I use wall pieces.  wish they would have made one
without the window cutout.

I wish we could all get together and put some of these mugs side by side ...
what a picture that would be. Maybe over the summer?

My main motivation to build a module-style castle was mobility. My last castle
was stuck in a basement on half of a ping-pong table, virtually immobile. All
the modules for my new castle will easily fit through a doorway. I agree with
you Pawel, it sure would be great to combine castle layouts/displays as well as
misc. inns, taverns, stables and terrain to build up a vast countryside. If
there is interest, it is possible that I could hose(I'm in Columbus, Ohio) such
an event at my church some weekend this summer, likely in mid-late July.

-Mike
Modularity is good in this case, very good!
Keep it up Mike! (and Pawel and Eric and all the others...)

Mike (no, NOT the one with really neat big castle under construction
:^)
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!