 Castle / 1705
  My Giant? Castle in progress

Here are a few pics of the castle I'm working on. First is a rough layout that I did up in Excel using square cells that represent a 4x4 Lego area: (URL) purple rectangle in the center will be the king's quarters, or area where all the royalty (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

Geez ... the humbler has arrived;) Michael Ulring is the master of large castles and it looks like he has come to answer the call. I guess most of us can see what it takes now (i.e. - stacks and stacks of 1x5x7 walls.) I will put everything into (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) 1x5x7 (...) Where do you live? You never know, there might be Lego fans living right next door to each other and never even know it. City life. It's crazy. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself - I just finished directing a One Act called "Sure (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) Pawel, I think you overstate things a bit. I am proud of my creation, and hopefully it turns out as well as it looks in my mind. But there are a bunch of people in this group who could probably put me to shame if given access to the quantity (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) I hear you on that. I'm from Tennessee, and would love to get a castleLUG (joke;) meeting sometime during the summer. Geez - that would rock. I figured that I would buy big plastic containers and put my creations (the mobile ones - like the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Michael Ulring wrote in message ... (...) one (...) Well, if LEGO Direct comes through, we'll be ordering bulk grey bricks... Of course with something the size of your modules, there is a weight advantage to the castle wall sections. Of course (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) Wow that is a HUGE castle you have so far. The final product will probably weigh a ton! I envy the fact that you have wall pieces built in twos lying everywhere, under, beside, and above the table, ready to be put into use. Same goes for all (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) I really think Pawel's reaction sums it up, or my version of it is, WOW. /gapes/ That's big and what you have completed looks good. /ungapes/ (finally). Um, more? we want more, really we do! (...) Modularity is good in this case, very good! (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

Very impressive Michael. I love the immense size of it so far. I like the slight terrain change in the interior, makes it that more realistic. You sure do have alot of castle wall pieces. I'm now finally working on a new castle, my first one one was (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Michael Ulring (<FoM67v.5Ly@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:11:55 (...) Hear, hear! Or at the very least, an insert to block the hole. (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) That is the largest lego model i have ever seen! It makes my warwick castle look like a shack by comparison. How much do you think the model is worth? $1000? $5000? $10000? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

What I like with your castle at this point is the way you're using not only grey, but also black and dark grey for the structure. I've seen many castles made using only one colour for the walls, and they look a tad dull. Fredrik (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Giant? Castle in progress

(...) castle (...) as (...) such (...) figured (...) ones - (...) their (...) bottom - (...) Let me tell you, make sure your creations *fit* into the plastic containers, don't put them with one side in the air! I once took my lego town house (er, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)