 Castle / 1716
Re: A taste of things to come (Castle Website)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:57:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Ok ...

Let me know what you think so far:

http://members.xoom.com/legocastle/

I will talk about this a lot more later on ... right • now I need tons of input
from everyone (via e-mail or lugnet).  I tried to set • this up so it would be
highly changable, but before it's officially out, I • want to hear everyone's
ideas.

** For the graphically skilled ** - I need a banner on • top that pretty much says
what's said right now - only will look better;)

-- pn

  this is a GREAT idea, pawel! count me and "mephisto"
in on the scheme! judging from the response, this is
gonna be a _lot_ of fun!

   B.L.? is that.. Before LEGO? ;-)

   are you incorporating all of your kingdom of bruce
characters?  i definitely want to contribute!   i have
photos of the lapis royal family's summer castle, and
mephisto's first stronghold, but no place to put
them...till now!  i say mephisto's _first_ fortress, because i now i want to
rebuild the "red dragon" bigger and stronger one day. this site is a great
opportunity to come up with a story of it's destruction at the hands of
someone else's army!  just watch out, because he's named mephisto for a
reason, and there will be hell to pay!

  so here it is: an invitation to a battle you can't loose. (~just that your
kingdom becomes #1 on mephisto's list later on...)

   "things would never be like they have been before"??
i don't know why i find this so funny! perhaps, things are more like they
are now than they ever were before!

i don't use CAD, but i can draw anything in real life.
perhaps a piece of art you could scan?  the map looks great! the textures
and color scheme correlations are perfect! but think about pulling back a
bit.  think more continental. i could easily see all of your or my
characters and their abodes filling a map such as this one. a continent, or
group of smaller continents is a good idea.  many forested or jungled areas,
several mountain ranges..lots of lakes and rivers, and two or three oceans.
you have a big dream; plan for it! try a mirror image of europe, maybe. it
seems to have a bit of everything we need.

  ~ an outstandingly good idea! i can see similar websites for space and
pirates being just as much fun!

  later ~ craig~