 Castle / 10527
10526  |  10528
Subject:
Making round shields
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:55:10 GMT

I was looking at a pile of 20 2x2 round plates with the archer's target
design on them wondering what earthly good they are.  Since the only
official round shield looks like a trash can lid and is rare (rare =
expensive), I decided to use the archer's target as a shield.
Interestingly, I came to the same conclusions (looking back at previous
messages on shields) as others and used a 1x1 round flat ("dot") attached to
a minifigs hand, and then the "shield".  Works well, and the flat surface
makes it easy to paint or apply stickers/decals to.

Looking for other solutions, the 2x2 round radar dish works well, too.
Using a lightsabre blade cut in thirds makes a good handgrip and shield
boss.  The torchholder/raygun thingie makes a good classic double-grip if
you nip off the big round part - this seems more sacrilegious than cutting
up the light sabre blade.  Both look dopey from the side if you leave them
uncut, but your esthetics may vary.

Any other solutions?

Bruce