 Castle / 10527
    Making round shields —Bruce Schlickbernd
   I was looking at a pile of 20 2x2 round plates with the archer's target design on them wondering what earthly good they are. Since the only official round shield looks like a trash can lid and is rare (rare = expensive), I decided to use the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Making round shields —Anthony Sava
     (...) I haven't released a picture yet, but I've created a weapon/shield combo. Given to minifigs with my custom gladiator torso sticker, it looks really functional. What it is, is a spear, held about on third up from the blunt end, with the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Making round shields —John Carroll
      [snip] (...) I came up with the same design. it's kinda dark but check out the cloaked fig in (URL) . The women's soccer team comes with two similar peices but they are round not triangular. I also think they are smaller. I bet you could use them to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Making round shields —James Stacey
     really bizarre I made a similar shield about 2 days ago, but used a LEGO screwdriver to provide the handgrip. The pint of the screwdriver is a little lower than the shield point, but it looks cool. the other ting I considered doing was using the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Making round shields —Steffan Davies
     I think I've got a few of those "trashcan" round shields spare (about 8-10) from a HUGE collection I bought of some dude. I'm still trying to get rid of a lot of what I don't want (about 10 six gallon storage boxes worth) so I can make some money (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Making round shields —Aaron Dalan
     (...) Fascinating. I like the odd playmobile or clone item, armor bit, or weapon because it seems to add spice to things. Sometimes it is fun to just make your own out of common household objects (I have a regiment of soliders who carry the tiny (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: Making round shields —Elin Övernäs
     (...) I used a 2x2 round radar dish an half a white horn, to get a wild forest feel to my druid character. (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Making round shields —Aaron J. Muhl
   Bruce, That sounds like a great idea, I'm going to have to give it a try. I'll tell you another cool shield you can make. First you have to buy the Star Wars Speeder bikes. With that set you get a 4 peg long "wand" that is grey but looks like the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Making round shields —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) A number of people have mentioned the triangular piece now - and I socked away at least 10 of the Speeder Bike packs (they are $5 at KB) so I have some available. The Light Sabre blade (unstarred wand, plain round stick, whatever) as a handle (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle)