 Castle / 10532
Re: Making round shields
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:15:53 GMT

[snip]
I haven't released a picture yet, but I've created a weapon/shield combo.
Given to minifigs with my custom gladiator torso sticker, it looks really
functional.  What it is, is a spear, held about on third up from the blunt end,
with the triangle from the ends of the Star Wars Speeder Bikes.  I attached the
triangle onto the spear just above the minifig's hand, with the center corner
facing down, covering (and thus protecting) the minifigs hand.  It makes for a
nice looking weapon.  But then again, thats just me.

--Anthony

I came up with the same design.  it's kinda dark but check out the cloaked
fig in http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=66416 .  The women's
soccer team comes with two similar peices but they are round not triangular.
I also think they are smaller.  I bet you could use them to in the same
design to make a sheild/weapon combo too.  or some kind of buckler (I think
that is the name of the little parrying shields)

John