 Castle / 10535
Re: Making round shields
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 06:34:21 GMT

really bizarre
I made a similar shield about 2 days ago, but used a LEGO screwdriver to
provide the handgrip. The pint of the screwdriver is a little lower than the
shield point, but it looks cool.
the other ting I considered doing was using the long tubes you get on the
Gungan Patrol and cutting them into small sections, again it seems less
sacriligious than cutting up a _real_ LEGO piece.
I was hoping the triangle would clip to the wrist like a buckler, allowing
it to be used in conjunction with a bow, but it wont unless you partly pull
the hand out, which then falls off :)

James

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I was looking at a pile of 20 2x2 round plates with the archer's target
design on them wondering what earthly good they are.  Since the only
official round shield looks like a trash can lid and is rare (rare =
expensive), I decided to use the archer's target as a shield.
Interestingly, I came to the same conclusions (looking back at previous
messages on shields) as others and used a 1x1 round flat ("dot") attached • to
a minifigs hand, and then the "shield".  Works well, and the flat surface
makes it easy to paint or apply stickers/decals to.

Looking for other solutions, the 2x2 round radar dish works well, too.
Using a lightsabre blade cut in thirds makes a good handgrip and shield
boss.  The torchholder/raygun thingie makes a good classic double-grip if
you nip off the big round part - this seems more sacrilegious than • cutting
up the light sabre blade.  Both look dopey from the side if you leave • them
uncut, but your esthetics may vary.

Any other solutions?

Bruce

I haven't released a picture yet, but I've created a weapon/shield combo.
Given to minifigs with my custom gladiator torso sticker, it looks really
functional.  What it is, is a spear, held about on third up from the blunt • end,
with the triangle from the ends of the Star Wars Speeder Bikes.  I • attached the
triangle onto the spear just above the minifig's hand, with the center • corner
facing down, covering (and thus protecting) the minifigs hand.  It makes • for a
nice looking weapon.  But then again, thats just me.

--Anthony