 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1514
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:30:59 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet
news:qrdbs67sac0.fsf@nereids.uio.no...
"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> writes:

I know (?) there are ways to interrupt a rendering, and continue
later, but haven't taken the time to find out how-to yet.

If you are able to grab the portion which has been rendered (i.e. if
you render to a file format which is readable in truncated form), then
I believe that it is quite easy.  You can render only the lower part
of the scene which you are missing, and then use an image processing
program to concatenate the two parts.

I dug a bit deeper into the POV manuals, and found it! The '+c' rendering
option can be used to continue a rendering that has previously been stopped.
No image processing necessary.

Also found the 'Start_line' and 'End_line' options, which can be used in the
way you described. This can also be used to render different parts of a
picture on different computers (if you have access to more than one...).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm