 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1513
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:05:53 GMT

Wow... now that's what I'd like to see in my animations. But the render
times are just impossible. A 15 second clip would take a month rendering! I
guess I'll stay with the standard methods and stop-motion for a while.

On another note, returning to this image:
http://tubafrog.com/temp/morefigs.jpg
While I agree that they look just like real figs, the dimensions are somehow
slightly off. There's something about them that doesn't quite work. But
that's probably just me.

Stefan.

---
New film by YellowHead Studios:
Animation Class Lesson 1.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wandrer/animationclass/animclass.avi
Right-click and Save target As...

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> schreef in bericht
"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

http://www.pobursky.com/images/7181old.png (Warning to modem users, • 259K)

One thing though, the colors seem to be "washed out".  Is there anyway • to
fix this?

- Make sure you don't have any lights on (you've probably already done • this)
- Play with the 'assumed_gamma' value (higher value, darker picture)
- Lower the AMB value (if it's still greater than zero)
- Lower the DIF value

You could probably play with the 'color map' in the sky sphere too.

There are probably some things that can be changed in the radiosity
parameters, but who has the time to experiment with these?

I also played with changing the reflection values in the non-transparent
color definitions. I changed the 'reflection 0.08' to 'reflection RFL' and
experimented with different (lower) values. Decided 0.04 was more like my
Lego bricks.

Lars Hassing, if you're reading this, can the next L3P output

#declare RFL = 0.08;
#declare TRANS_RFL = 0.2;

and use these constants in the color definitions instead of having numeric
constants in every color definition? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only
found those two different values.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm