Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 20:05:19 GMT

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 03:52:25PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
You can see an HTML document _with_ revision marks here:
http://www.ldraw.org/temp/LSC099.html

Elections
~~~~~~~~~
The LDraw.org Members who are eligible for LSC membership and the ad-hoc
organizing committee will vote on the nominees by privately listing the five
(5) nominees they select for the position.

This is new?  Only the committee and people who are eligable for
membership in the LSC can vote?  I thought we were defining the general
membership in LDraw.org so that everyone can vote?

I think this paragraph should say:

  LDraw.org Members will vote on the nominees by privately listing
  the five (5) nominees they select for the position.

Other than this (surprising) change, it looks good :)

Dan

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger writes:
You can see an HTML document _with_ revision marks here:
http://www.ldraw.org/temp/LSC099.html

Elections
~~~~~~~~~
The LDraw.org Members who are eligible for LSC membership and the ad-hoc
organizing committee will vote on the nominees by privately listing the five
(5) nominees they select for the position.

This is new?  Only the committee and people who are eligable for
membership in the LSC can vote?  I thought we were defining the general
membership in LDraw.org so that everyone can vote?

I don't believe the beginning part is new (eligible LSC members can vote) it
is new, but I added the ad-hoc group in there for those in the ad-hoc who
are ineligible for LSC membership. Track Changes didn't highlight it in Word.

I am for that statement though - it assures only competent people who are
aware of the issues can decide who decides our standards.

-Tim

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger writes:
You can see an HTML document _with_ revision marks here:
http://www.ldraw.org/temp/LSC099.html

Elections
~~~~~~~~~
The LDraw.org Members who are eligible for LSC membership and the ad-hoc
organizing committee will vote on the nominees by privately listing the five
(5) nominees they select for the position.

This is new?  Only the committee and people who are eligable for
membership in the LSC can vote?  I thought we were defining the general
membership in LDraw.org so that everyone can vote?

I don't believe the beginning part is new (eligible LSC members can vote) it
is new, but I added the ad-hoc group in there for those in the ad-hoc who
are ineligible for LSC membership. Track Changes didn't highlight it in Word.

That statement (aside from the ad-hoc addition) was in Version 0.6, the
first version I posted publicly. I found it in my local text file, as well
as in the post here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2304

I'm strongly in favor of at least restricting the vote to only those
eligible to be on the LSC, as the original statement read.

-Tim

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
I don't believe the beginning part is new (eligible LSC members can vote) it
is new, but I added the ad-hoc group in there for those in the ad-hoc who
are ineligible for LSC membership. Track Changes didn't highlight it in Word.

huh.

I am for that statement though - it assures only competent people who are
aware of the issues can decide who decides our standards.

you're supporting that only LSC-eligable can vote, or that the ad-hoc
group can vote?  I think everyone can vote - but if we say that's not
so, then I think the ad-hoc part should be removed.  Why the special
treatment?

That statement (aside from the ad-hoc addition) was in Version 0.6, the
first version I posted publicly. I found it in my local text file, as well
as in the post here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2304

I'm strongly in favor of at least restricting the vote to only those
eligible to be on the LSC, as the original statement read.

Why?  And why the exception to the ad-hoc group?

Dan

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99