 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 731
Re: Bricksmith 1.3: Here's Looking at You, Kid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:46:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Allen Smith wrote:
   Unfortunately, Bricksmith does not have any native ability to export the images it generates. Since they would be unsuitable for printing anyway, this feature is not apt to ever appear. What I personally do is render each step individually in MacMegaPOV, using the find_edges command to produce professional-quality images. Bricksmith is optimized for onscreen drawing, so the renderings look infinitely better than anything it could ever do itself.

I guess what I am asking about is that if I create a set of instructions, there is no way to save or print to a .pdf file? Not a problem. I can just share the .mpd file, but I figured I would ask.

   Parts list exporting is unavailable as well, but there is no reason it couldn’t be implemented. Is there a standard file-format for exported part lists, from Peeron, perhaps?

I don’t know about Peeron, but MLCAD saves a .txt file.

Russell