 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 730
Re: Bricksmith 1.3: Here's Looking at You, Kid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:08:45 GMT

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and suggestions.

Unfortunately, Bricksmith does not have any native ability to export the images it generates. Since they would be unsuitable for printing anyway, this feature is not apt to ever appear. What I personally do is render each step individually in MacMegaPOV, using the find_edges command to produce professional-quality images. Bricksmith is optimized for onscreen drawing, so the renderings look infinitely better than anything it could ever do itself.

But if you like what you see onscreen, I suppose you can just take a screenshot.

Parts list exporting is unavailable as well, but there is no reason it couldn’t be implemented. Is there a standard file-format for exported part lists, from Peeron, perhaps?

Allen