 CAD / Development / 9552
  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree, and prefer <> around all tags. (...) Ah, but what about leading blanks. ;^) Nevermind, I don't think you can create an absolute path that starts with leading blanks. (...) But wait. The reason given for looking in LDRAWDIR is for a (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Oh yeah. One other thing about an ldraw.ini located on a central server. I'd prefer to leave the client OS up to the user. This reinforces my case for the <LDRAWDIR>parts path format without the nasty OS specific slash character. Enjoy, Don (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu0CMF.1Fyv@lugnet.com... (...) Ok, agreed too. So with have <HIDE> and optionally <SHOW> - right? (...) I would still like the quotation marks as an option - not a must. If a (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) No, but leading blanks would be preserved as well... (...) Isn't that what %ALLUSERSPROFILE% is for? (...) LDRAWINI is just an opportunity for quickly temporarily using another specific ldraw.ini file. /Lars (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) It's no problem handling the \ or /'s. We do that all the time already in our parts referencing e.g. S\3039S01.DAT, we do manage to find the subpart on unix too :-) My library reads env vars and ini files in any format and converts it to the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Sure. (...) OK. (...) Fine. (...) I think so too. Users will also have the option to use the new app LDrawSetup, which can setup LDrawDir, SearchDirs, LgeoDirectory, MIME-types. /Lars (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I'm logged onto an NT domain right now at work and it's set to this: ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users That's on the local drive. But I suppose you're right, a competent administrator could set it up somewhere on the network. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Seems to me programs need the ability to specify the LDRAWINI directory (and possibly LDRAWDIR) on the command line, for non-standard setups. Maybe the library needs an Ldraw-specific getopt[1] function as well. ROSCO [1] (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Do you mean "USERS need the ability to specify", or "programs need the ability to READ"? Either way, that approach is for advanced users (software geeks) only. We're trying to improve things for ordinary (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) And I'm pretty sure on Mac OS X, if you use the finder to activate your program, you have no control whatsoever over the command line. So you already need another way if you want to click on a LDR file or link and have something happen. Don (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Well to be usable, both must be implemented. (...) As I said it would only be for non-standard setups. I think the Lars' search list is ample for the vast majority of people. Those using networks, etc, probably would classify as "advanced (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, I can see where I myself might use this in a pinch because I almost always run things from the command prompt. However, even I would rather set an environment variable or use some other global setting in an ini file. Why? Because if I use (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Well I don't know how mac command lines work but I was thinking along these lines: Windoze: xxx.exe /LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW /LDRAWINI=\\LDRAW_BOX\INI Unix: xxx --ldrawdir ${HOME}/ldraw --ldrawini /etc/ldraw You might also wanna provide old single (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu4L6M.1Eyo@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) these (...) in some cases "xxx.exe /LDRAWDIR=C:/LDRAW /LDRAWINI=\\LDRAW_BOX/INI will work too. There is no standard function set in windows (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Mac OS 9 does not have a command line. That OS is a dinosaur. You can think of Mac OS X as a decendant of BSD, with a Mac OS 9 look-a-like window server. In fact, you can remove Apple's window server and add X11, turning Mac OS X into just (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) [snip] (...) Again, I'm not talking about most users - most will be covered by the search paths proposed earlier in the thread. This would only be for non-standard installations, where the people installing WOULD be likely to know what I am (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Right. I actually manage 350 Macs and I tried to put LDraw on them and ran into several problems that I had to take up with the Mac developers. So anything that makes this easier for admins is good in my opinion. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) rofl. I think this qualifies as quote of the day. Steve (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, so maybe there was a bit of irony, considering Mac OS X's roots are much older than 9's. But the lack of pre-emptive multiprocessing, protected memory, and other more evolved stuff does make OS 9 a dinosaur. Apple's washed their hands of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)