 CAD / Development / 9558
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:59:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann wrote:
I agree, and prefer <> around all tags.

Ok, agreed too. So with have <HIDE> and optionally <SHOW> - right?

Sure.

Quotation marks should not be necessay if we use the < >.

You are right but I still would allow them for the rare case of
blanks at the end of a directory name.

Trailing blanks are preserved in both env var and ini files.
So I still don't think quotation marks are necessary...

Ah, but what about leading blanks.  ;^)  Nevermind, I don't think you
can create an absolute path that starts with leading blanks.

I would still like the quotation marks as an option - not a must. If a user
uses them fine, if not also fine - if there is a problem with blanks or tabs
the user can still use quotation marks.

OK.

<SNIP>
So, how about this search strategy?

Windows:
%USERPROFILE%\ldraw.ini
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ldraw.ini
%LDRAWDIR%\ldraw.ini
%WINDIR%\ldraw.ini

That would be a perfect way I guess. MLCad also allows to let the user
specify the ldraw dir manualy in a dialog. I could imagine having this
option as an emergency solution if no ldraw dir can be found.

Fine.

Or open a dialog to ask the user for this path once, my feeling is if the
user didn't setup the variable - the user will not modify the ldraw.ini file
either - at least that is what I learned from houndreds of support requests
from MLCad users.

I think so too.
Users will also have the option to use the new app LDrawSetup,
which can setup LDrawDir, SearchDirs, LgeoDirectory, MIME-types.
/Lars