 CAD / Development / 9328
Re: [Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:

I dont think that's so odd. I had to disable the 3rd party cookie blocking
feature of my firewall in order to get the script to work for me.  Obviously,
the Ldraw site sets it's cookie on my computer just fine but the PT Auth script
choaked (sp?) until I turned off 3rd party cookie blocking.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you wrote, let me double-check.

"3rd party cookie blocking" is like preventing google.com from retrieving a cookie
set by amazon.com?  If that's so, it's very odd -- the code in pnauth.cgi is not
doing anything to try to hit a 'non-native' cookie.

"3rd party cookie blocking" is my firewall programs's term not mine.  I looked
up what exactly this is in the help file of the program and here what I got:

A third-party cookie is a type of persistent cookie that is placed on your
computer, not by the Web site you are visiting, but by an advertiser or other
third party. "Block 3rd party cookies" blocks cookies from third-party Web
sites.

Honestly, I have very little knowledge about cookies so I can't elaborate more
than this.

-Orion