 CAD / Development / 9300
9299  |  9301
Subject:
[Parts Tracker] PT-to-PN Authentication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:51:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey all parts authors and reviewers (and admins)!

I'm (slowly) working on modifying the webpages for the Parts Tracker so that it
uses the same login/security as the rest of the ldraw.org site.  I've got a
simple page up that checks your privileges and tells you:
   - If you are an ldraw.org user
   - If you have PT privileges
   - What PT privileges you have

I would appreciate it if y'all could give this page a hit, and make sure it
gives you the results you expect.  There are a couple of caveats:
   1. The page is protected by the *current* PT security, so you'll get a
regular login prompt when you hit the page.
   2. Only current PT authors/reviewers/admins can do that login, so they're the
only ones who can hit the page.
   3. Unless you also login to the regular ldraw.org site, you'll just be told
you're not logged in.

OK, so you've got that?  Login both places, and hit this page:
   http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/tracker/pnauth.cgi

I'm only going to leave this page up for a couple of days, so give it a go.

In another day or two, I'm going to start switching the PT functions over to use
the ldraw.org membership information.

Steve