 CAD / Development / 10810

Re: LPub 4 Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:57:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Ok, give http://ldglite.sf.net/ldgliteosx1_2_1beta2.zip a try.

That one works for LPub.  The buffer isn't getting flushed to the screen
right. I have to resize or force a redraw in order.  Are you calling
CGLFlushDrawable at the end of your drawing code?

No, I use glfinish().  I've had all sorts of problems over the years
with Apple because I often render in the front buffer to emulate
the various ancient ldlite immediate rendering modes.  Does it update
ok when you spin the model with the mouse?  I think that's pure back
buffer rendering (at least until you're done spinning).  What about using
-n4 on the command line?  That's the ldlite command to render the whole
thing before displaying it.  It looks like I forced that mode when the gl
render string contains "RADEON 7000", so I must have had problems with
that one too.  Really, at this point I should probably give up rendering
in the front buffer except perhaps for editing mode and maybe for the
slow software renderers.

What does ldglite print for GL_VENDOR and GL_RENDERER?

Don

Re: LPub 4 Status
[...]

Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this.
I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing
and everything worked ok.  It also worked on an Intel Macbook with
the Intel GMA X3100 graphics.  So I guess that means I've got the
universal binary build process down.

Now I just need to fix the display bugs on some systems.  I'm guessing
they use ATI chips, but it'd be nice to know for sure.  It'd also be nice
to know if the -n4 arg makes it better, because if so I'll make that the default
moving forward.

Don

Re: LPub 4 Status
Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this.
I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing
and everything worked ok.  It also worked on an Intel Macbook with
the Intel GMA X3100 graphics.  So I guess that means I've got the
universal binary build process down.

Sorry for not responding, but I didn't remember to look at it while I was at
home.  I'll try to do so tonight.

Now I just need to fix the display bugs on some systems.  I'm guessing
they use ATI chips, but it'd be nice to know for sure.  It'd also be nice
to know if the -n4 arg makes it better, because if so I'll make that the default
moving forward.

Actually, my Intel MacBook (one of the original ones) has Intel motherboard
graphics.  Probably a different model than yours, but Intel nonetheless.

--Travis

Re: LPub 4 Status
Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this.
I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing
and everything worked ok.  It also worked on an Intel Macbook with
the Intel GMA X3100 graphics.  So I guess that means I've got the
universal binary build process down.

Here's my info:

Vendor: Intel Inc.
Renderer: Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine
Version: 1.2 APPLE-1.4.56

--Travis

Re: LPub 4 Status
Sorry about the self reply, but now I'm really curious about this.
I found myself an old G4 EMac with a Geforce2 and OSX Tiger for testing
and everything worked ok.  It also worked on an Intel Macbook with
the Intel GMA X3100 graphics.  So I guess that means I've got the
universal binary build process down.

Here's my info:

Vendor: Intel Inc.
Renderer: Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine
Version: 1.2 APPLE-1.4.56

Hmmm, I guess that's slightly different from the GMA X3100, which
seemed to work for me.  If you get a chance, try and run it with
-n4 on the command line.  That should render everything in the back
buffer like 99.99% of the opengl programs out there.

Thanks again,

Don

Re: LPub 4 Status
Hmmm, I guess that's slightly different from the GMA X3100, which
seemed to work for me.  If you get a chance, try and run it with
-n4 on the command line.  That should render everything in the back
buffer like 99.99% of the opengl programs out there.

The -n4 didn't have any noticeable effect.  What exactly does n4 mean.  I know
it means "draw to back buffer", but what does the n and the 4 mean?

--Travis

Re: LPub 4 Status