 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5524
Re: Hook Coupling 737c01.dat and 444.dat train wheel.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:09:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Chris Dee wrote:
If the confusion between LDraw xNNN.dat (NNN.dat) numbers and peeron
xN, xNN, xNNN and xNNNN numbers is too great, we might need to
develop that policy sooner.

Wouldn't it be best to create 'inventorying policy'? Inventorying is
much faster than actually modelling the parts, so the {ldraw} part
library is {in my eyes} just a subset of peeron library.

There are, I believe, efforts ongoing behind the scenes to unify and improve the
part number assignment/tracking/allocation process and this is one facet of
that. I am not sure the principals in the matter are ready to speak out about
it.

And while you think about some new policies, some 'length' property for
parts with variable lengths (strings, hoses, tubing) would be useful too.

There are more things to consider here than just length but I agree.

Regarding inventories, there should be also a way to differentiate
between two sets with the same model, same number, but different parts.
This probably belongs somewhere else, but maybe Dan reads that ;-)

Try lugnet.db.inv ?

Good suggestions, keep them coming!