 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5505
5504  |  5506
Subject:
Hook Coupling 737c01.dat and 444.dat train wheel.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:18:40 GMT

Hi all,

to draw a model, which I own for over 5 years, I have now done CAD files for the
60ies hook coupling and the 60ies 4.5 train waggon wheel with riffles.

Now at last I was able to render the "Esso promotional set 121".
The result can be seen here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/train-engines/train121_v3.jpg

The dats I designed for the model are uploaded here and will hopefully be added
to parts tracker soon:

Interestingly I found three totally different shapes of hook couplings (I was
only aware of 2) and have learned in the meantime that even 2 more cross
combinations exist in rare quantities, so there are 5 different couplings in
total!

A)
this hook design was basically used in combination with the part 3176.dat
Plate  3 x  2 with Hole (better to be named "Plate  2 x 3 with Coupling,
Female") and used in sets like 111 153 113 in first release 1966

B)
this hook design was basically used in combination with the
Plate  2 x 4 with Coupling, Female
in sets in upgraded version 111 153 113 and others in 1967

C)
this hook design was used only in combination with the
modified Plate  2 x 4 with Coupling, Female
It has been used in the last sets which came with hook couplings as probably set
116 (1968++)

As written there exist obviously cross mixes of 737 and 3176 parts, but those
odd combinations seem to be quite rare. Among nearly 30 couplings with the 737
plate I have none with the hook in year 1966 shape. Same with 3176 plates and
hooks in 1967 design. A friend of mine found both in his bigger collection.

Kind Regards,

Ben