 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5512
Re: Hook Coupling 737c01.dat and 444.dat train wheel.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
Hi all, • [snip]
hopefully be added
to parts tracker soon:

Excelent work, but most of these parts are already on the parts tracker.
For the hooks I only found two versions, but I haven't yet finished the
curved end.

Hello Niels,

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x509.dat

Great! I wasn't aware of this one so far and would have done it myself soon.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x508.dat

So we did double work here: I had mine drawn in late october but the upload at
ldraw failed. Then I had a three weeks vacation without online access. Now I
uploaded them at brickshelf to publish them.  :-(

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x507.dat

That would have saved me some hours of work, if I had known about your work on
these (even if I think mine are more accurately done)....

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x447.dat

At least in this case I have been a few weeks faster. ;-))
I had a close look at your file and I am not sure if yours or mine is the better
- they nearly look identical. Kudos to all your great work on "new" old parts!

Any chances we will see the oldest type of batterybox soon?
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/9v_12v/9v_12v.phtml#100

And then the electronic units of 118 and 138?
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/9v_12v/9v_12v.phtml#139

And then I have a question about naming: why do you name the pieces totally
contrary to peeron? I would not have found your parts by myself, because I would
have looked after the peeron numbers. Is there any system in your
x???-numbering?

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: I have one more comment on your file:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x245c01.dat

I think that one never existed in real life.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x245c02.dat
All motor wheels looked like this. The set 100 type motor never appeared with
spoked train wheels and the set 103 type motor never came with 4-stud-train
wheels.

So x245c01.dat should better be deleted.