 CAD / 9015
Re: LeoCAM alpha release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:50:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Leonardo Zide writes:
In lugnet.cad, Wayne Gramlich writes:

1. One of my fellow BayLUG members is a *very* pro-Linux.
  Much to my suprise he wound up using MLCAD to do his
  MOC instruction manuals.  When I asked him "why?",
  his response has that LeoCAD could not read and write
  files that interoperated with MLCAD.  My gut reaction
  to this statement, is that it should be almost trivial
  to get LeoCAD to read MLCAD generated files and write
  files that MLCAD can subsequently read.

What do you mean by that? LeoCAD has been able to read/write .dat files
for years.

Alas, I did not know that.  After your telling me, I dug
around the http://www.leocad.org/ site and found:

   http://leocad.org/faq.htm#G4

I must have read that a long time ago and forgotten it.
Maybe a GUI tweak to specify the save format?  I don't
know.

I will tell my friend that .DAT file reading and writing
are very possible.  I will see if that changes his mind.
This should be interesting.  I'll report back what I find out.

[...]

-Wayne