 CAD / 9011
Re: LeoCAM alpha release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Gustavo Patow writes:
Hi all:

I'm very glad to announce the first alpha release of LeoCAM, a CAD derived
from LeoCAD that incorporates mechanical features in it. This project is
being developped by Francisco Gonzalez Garcia as his undergraduate final
project at the University of Girona, Spain, and I, Gustavo Patow.

[...]

We would like to share our first achievements on this with the rest of the
LDraw comunity, releasing an "alpha" version for the people to start playing
with. The available downloads are:

I) The LeoCAM binary, including all files for an "unzip & play" installation.
Unfortunately, current version is Windows only...
II) The LeoCAM sources, but take into account that we're continuously modifying
them!
III) A small english documentation in PDF format. It's short, but describes
completely how to use the new features and our future plans.

In the future days a proper web page will be set up (thanks to Jacob Sparre
Andersen), but meanwhile you could directly download the files from:

http://www.ldraw.org/download/leocam/LeoCAM-Alpha-Binary.zip
http://www.ldraw.org/download/leocam/LeoCAM-Alpha-Source.zip
http://www.ldraw.org/download/leocam/LeoCAM-documentation.pdf

Hoping that our project will bring even more joy to the LDraw comunity, I
remain yours truly

Gustavo Patow.-
PS: Please, remember that this is only an "alpha" version...

Gustavo:

I grabbed the binary zip, unpacked it, and then noticed that it
was Windows.  I kicked Windows out of my house about 5 years ago
;-)  I grabbed the source and attempted to compile them under a
stock Red Hat 7.3 distribution of Linux.  Here are my notes; I hope
you find them useful.  All in all, I thought there were very few
problems, concidering this is an `alpha'.

Enjoy,

-Wayne

Linux (RH7.3) LeoCAM alpha Compile problems:

  1. Putting spaces in directory names is not Linux/Unix user friendly.
  2. ./depend.sh needs to have execute bit set.  (Something
     weird is going on here; I haven't figured it out yet.)
  3. common/project.cpp refers to Resource.h (commented out)
  4. common/utilidades.h refers to Matrix.h (instead of matrix.h.)
  5. The following files do not end in a new-line:
common/lista.h
common/listaConnector.h
common/listaPieza.h
  6. In common/library.ccp:
161, 750, 1159: AfxMessageBox() undeclared  (commented out)
_gcvt undeclared() (Added #define _gcvt(a, b, c) gcvt(a, b, c)  )
  7. #include <afxwin.h> from:
common/utilidades.h (commented out)
common/matrix.cpp (commented out)
  8. common/project.ccp bombs:
g++ -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -Wall -Ilinux -Icommon -DLC_LINUX -g  -c -o
common/project.o common/project.cpp
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::HandleCommand (LC_COMMANDS, long
unsigned int)':
common/project.cpp:5050: `ID_FRAN_DISCONECT_ASSEMBLING' undeclared first use
this function)
common/project.cpp:5050: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each function it appears in.)
common/project.cpp:5057: `ID_FRAN_DISCONECT_ALL' undeclared (first use this
function)
common/project.cpp:5120: `AfxMessageBox' undeclared (first use this function)
common/project.cpp:5096: warning: unused variable `bool trobat'
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::propagarAssembling (Piece *)':
common/project.cpp:8774: warning: unused variable `int i'
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::assembling (Conector *,
Conector *)':
common/project.cpp:8805: warning: unused variable `sirMat4d invDinToWorld'
common/project.cpp:8806: warning: unused variable `sirMat4d transformacion'
common/project.cpp:8806: warning: unused variable `sirMat4d nuevaMatriz'
common/project.cpp:8806: warning: unused variable `sirMat4d invRot'
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::crearDatosConectores
LC_FRAN_SEL_DATA *)':
common/project.cpp:8887: `_itoa' undeclared (first use this function)
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::restaurarOcupados ()':
common/project.cpp:9006: warning: `Piece *dinamica' might be used uninitialized
in this function
common/project.cpp: In method `void Project::restaurarLibres ()':
common/project.cpp:9083: warning: `Piece *dinamica' might be used uninitialized
in this function
make: *** [common/project.o] Error 1