 CAD / 9138
Re: LeoCAM alpha release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:47:42 GMT

Wayne Gramlich wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Gustavo Patow writes:

I grabbed the binary zip, unpacked it, and then noticed that it
was Windows.

To be fair, Gustavo noted that in his announcement.

> I grabbed the source and attempted to compile them under a
stock Red Hat 7.3 distribution of Linux.  Here are my notes; I hope
you find them useful.  All in all, I thought there were very few
problems, concidering this is an `alpha'.

Nice to hear that you got time to go as far as to try to
compile the program.  Have you made a patch and sent it
directly to Gustavo (or to his student doing the actual coding)?

I suspect that there will be more problems than what you
have found.  IIRC LeoCAD/LeoCAM uses different GUI libraries
for Linux and MS-Windows.  This could mean that there are
lots of GUI code that has to be reimplemented in the Linux
specific parts of the source code.

Play well,

Jacob
--
City X'ers mail van (building instructions):
                     http://jacob.sparre.dk/CityXers/Postbil/