 CAD / 9009
Re: LeoCAM alpha release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:02:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten writes:
In lugnet.cad, Gustavo Patow writes:
Hi all:

snip

Hoping that our project will bring even more joy to the LDraw comunity, I
remain yours truly

Gustavo Patow.-
PS: Please, remember that this is only an "alpha" version...

This is pretty amazing.  Once you get the hang of it, you can add parts to a
model so quickly.  Also, once two parts are "connected," moving or rotating
one part moves both parts together, like a submodel.

This is cool! I'd love to see this develop further. Leo - if you're reading,
are you coming to BricksWest?? I'd love to sit down face to face again and
discuss the future of LeoCAD.

Now if I could just figure out the LeoCAD GUI better...

This is still the main reason I don't use LeoCAD as an editor. Mouse
movements are incredibly challenging in the 3D view, and the key commands
don't follow LEdit standard (which I pushed to have implemented in MLCAD
early on).

I would love to see LeoCAD improve and become more widely accepted in the
community. Sometime I'll have to put together some ideas for an editor. Of
course, there is Karim Nassar's Artemis Project to refer to ;-)

I'm pretty quiet lately cause I've been working very hard on a (big) LDraw
related project. I (along with those working with me) will be ready to
announce it sometime in the coming weeks. After I'm done with it, I'll be in
a good position to start talking more with people about future development
for the LDraw community. :-)

-Tim